The summer early morning Fitness Challenge is coming back to CycleQuest Studio! Katie Schmidt, owner of Fitness Precinct, is offering another small group fitness challenge taking place every Monday and Wednesday at 6:00 a.m. for three weeks in June (June 3, 5, 19, 12, 17, 19).
This fitness program for the intermediate to advanced is designed to be challenging and fun all at the same time. Each day, the 50 minute workout activities will be unique in nature and sure to test you mentally and physically. Everyone will work at their own pace and level of intensity. Be ready to train with heavy ropes, pull tires, swing a kettle bell, step and jump on plyometric boxes, throw weighted balls and run through ladders. The cardio segments will entail running, jumping, sprinting, skipping and shuffling. Each day will end with a relay race or WOD (workout of the day). Attending this class will get you motivated and ready for the outside warm summer weather!
Video of the July 2012 Summer Fitness Challenge
Below is a sample of what a class may look like if you enter this challenge:
3 circuits varying in time (30 seconds, 45 seconds and 1 minute)
Between circuits you will complete 10 jumps squats and 10 box jumps
- Weighted Ball Slams to the Ground
- Kettle Bell Swings
- Heavy Rope Swings
Finisher Drill – RELAYS
Relay race consisting of jumps, sprints and fun! Cheer on your partner/team to the finish!
Bring a towel, water bottle and a smile!
- Do I have to pay for the fitness challenge up front and all at once? Yes. $75 payment must be made in full to participate in the challenge. No refunds. No exceptions.
- How many participants are allowed in each Fitness Challenge class? Each class will be limited to 10 participants. We need a minimum of 4 participants to hold the fitness challenge.
- Where will the Fitness Change be held? The challenge will be held outside of CycleQuest Studio at the entrance of the building. If the weather is bad the classes will be inside of CycleQuest Studio.
- I won’t be available for every class of the fitness challenge. Can I still sign up? Yes. There are always circumstance that won’t allow you to make a class, but remember you are paying up front and in full with no refunds, no exceptions. You will receive the maximum of the Fitness Challenge by participating in as many classes as possible.
- How will the initial baseline fitness test work? On your first day of class, you will be challenged with a timed test of endurance and strength. On your final day of class, you will be challenged with the same timed test to see your progress.
- How often can I contact Katie Schmidt during the challenge? You can contact Katie via email or cell phone any time during the challenge.
- What classes are mandatory? None of the classes are mandatory for this challenge. You have the freedom to attend the classes that fit your schedule, however, to receive the maximum benefits of the challenge, we encourage you to attend ALL classes. Please note you need pay in full, up front.
- How do I sign up? Go to MindBody Online to pay . Purchase Classes/Series and Memberships/Fitness Challenge/2013 Summer Fitness Challenge ($75). Katie Schmidt will be in contact with you after you sign up to give instructions on what to expect and what to bring to the challenge.