Joe Ducosin – I have been an outdoor cyclist for over 25 years, some Cat4 road racing, many century rides but my favorite is fast pacelining on a back country road with my riding buddies. Got hooked on indoor cycling after my very first class and have taking/instructing at least 4 classes a week since then and haven’t looked back. I am a SPINNING and NETA Group Fitness certified instructor and my passion for indoor cycling led me to open CycleQuest Studio to allow participants of all levels of fitness enjoy this fun and healthy activity. I also enjoy competitive volleyball, basketball, soccer, and before indoor cycling, my other passion – bass fishing. My classes are simulated road rides to fun multi genre music – R&B, classic rock, funk, hip hop and reggae. Whether you are new to indoor cycling or experienced; don’t ride outdoors or a competitive athlete, I’ll make sure you get your own fun, calorie burning workout!
Lydia N - I have been cycling both indoor and outdoor for 5 plus years. I used to take a lot of cycling classes in college and absolutely loved them. The energy, group setting, and the intensity of the class always guarantees a great workout no matter how you are feeling. I do most of my riding outdoors in the summer but love indoor spinning for a great controlled style exercise. I love doing triathlons, about 10 a summer which I started three years ago. Before triathlons I did marathons and running has really helped me with cycling. I also enjoy basketball, hiking, cross country skiing and really anything outdoors. My class is a mix of simulated road rides along with intervals and pyramid style workouts. Music: Anything and everything.
- Years of running left Maggie with an IT band injury. She was searching for a new, low-impact cardiovascular workout when she found indoor cycling and has been pedaling ever since. In 2010, she completed her SPINNING Instructors certification. As an instructor, she strives to challenge her students to find their edge and realize their goals. Maggie has her Bachelors of Science in Nutrition. She works full-time as a chemist and enjoys nutrition consulting on the side. She has a passion for health and believes that what we put into our bodies has a direct impact on our mood, health, and quality of life. She volunteers at the Humane Society as a foster parent for animals in need. Maggie is extremely dedicated and passionate and approaches every task with amazing enthusiasm. When she is not in the lab or the gym, you can find her out on the lake boating, playing recreational team sports, or hanging out with friends and family. She loves yoga, music, dancing, traveling, and is always up for an adventure. She is grateful to be a part of this awesome cycling community!
- I am excited to announce that I will be offering more services and classes at CycleQuest Studio! I am a Licensed Acupuncturist, Certified Personal Trainer, Yoga, Core and Cycling Instructor. In addition to my Cycling and Core classes on the schedule, I will soon be teaching a Yoga for Cyclists/Triathletes class AND I will be offering Personal Training and Acupuncture at the Studio. Acupuncture can treat a wide variety of conditions including Acute and Chronic Pain, Headaches, Insomnia, Respiratory, Digestive, Endocrine disorders and much more! You can set up a Personal Training or Acupuncture appointment by calling or emailing me directly. Visitwww.all-in-balance.com
for more information!!
I have been working with people to increase their health and wellness for over a decade and am very passionate about it! I am committed to helping my clients obtain balance throughout all aspects of their health. My goal for every client is that they feel empowered and inspired to make the changes in their health, their bodies and their lives that they are seeking. My goal for every class is that you feel welcome, safe, challenged and have fun!
– I have been cycling since 2008 and I am excited to get others interested in indoor cycling as well. I’ve been running full and half marathons, in addition to a variety of other races, since 2004 and I discovered indoor cycling as a fun, low-impact alternative to pounding pavement. My objective in each Spin class is to create an inclusive environment that will motivate and safely stretch cyclists of all skill levels to meet and exceed their individual goals. When I’m not in the CycleQuest Studio, I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, playing a variety of outdoor sports, and traveling throughout Latin America. I invite you join me for an upbeat, positive workout that will kick-start your morning or kick-out the stress from your day.
- My passion for fitness started with just a few short runs over lunch with some co-workers. Years later I found myself running ½ marathons and even a full marathon. Not wanting to neglect my bike, I jumped into the world of duathlons so I could combine my enthusiasm for both running and biking. For the past 5 years I have included indoor spinning in my workout mix. I hope to have the opportunity to share with you my enthusiasm for fitness and to help you along the way of your own fitness journey! “The satisfaction from a great workout is like polishing off a bag of peanut M&Ms (without the guilt!). Fitness should be fun! See ya in class…”
Tim W –
Game on! I believe that whatever you want, whatever you need, every cycle class is an opportunity for you to make your day. Invest an hour in cycle class and take the personal achievement, calorie burn, metabolism charge and strength-building benefit with you. Make every class count. I promise to give 150%, what will you do? I am an avid triathlete, mountain biker, skate skier, recovering steep-n-deep mogul bashing adrenaline junkie that has been spinning for 15 years. Like the rest of you, I have a busy schedule with training, work and home. I ride recreationally and competitively, recently completing a Tour de France pre-ride tour in 2009, and a Sea-to-Sea ride across Italy in 2010. So, Cycle classes are not only fun, but part of my triathlon and competitive cycling training. As a Madd Dogg Johnny G certified SPINNING Instructor, I choose music that drives energy with variety from 80’s Rock to Beethoven’s 5th. Sign up for a class, and let the beat find your inner pulse. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cyclist, looking for an intro class, endurance training, or an extreme turn-to-burn workout, I will help you accomplish your goals. Maximize your Life. Feel better, Feel stronger. Spin to Win!
Marlee M - I have been indoor cycling for many years and enjoy the personal challenge it provides. My outdoor cycling usually involves a leisurely trip for ice cream, coffee or groceries. I have a degree in phyical eduction from the University of MN. Currently, I am a full-time early childhood special needs preschool teacher at St. David’s Center for Child Development in Minnetonka as well as being their summer sports camp coordinator. I am in the process of being certified as a children’s yoga instructor! I have run 38 marathons and have coached and trained hundreds marathon runners for the past 15 years with Northwest Athletic Clubs, Lifetime Fitness and currently TC Running (in the same mall as Cycle Quest). Being a marathon runner and coach I recommend cycling as a way to build endurance without pounding the pavement, build leg and core strength, and most importantly to strengthen all the supporting muscles in and around the knee as a means of injury prevention.
Natalie Depenning – Natalie D – I’m a certified Mad Dogg Spinning instructor that picked up indoor cycling over 5 years ago as a way to cross train while I was training for marathons. I have since expanded my cycling to the outdoors which is such a great way to explore the city. I love sharing my knowledge and experience around health and fitness with others to understand what really motivates them! I also enjoy finding healthy and “clean” ways to make baked goods and snacks (so don’t be surprised if those treats show up in some of my classes!). I have a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems and currently work as a Project Manager. I strive to bring variety and entertainment to each of my classes so always expect the unexpected!
- I have been active outdoors, playing sports, and working out my entire life. I started running long distances in 2004 and have run several races including the Twin Cities Marathon. I started spinning in 2006 as a way to mix up my workout routine and have been spinning ever since! I have a work hard, play hard attitude and this comes through in my classes where I will provide a challenging workout with exciting music and a smile on my face.
– Born and raised in Iowa, Jennifer is new to Minnesota and comes to CycleQuest with a background in nutrition and fitness. She works as a freelance nutrition and fitness writer for Lance Armstrong’s LIVESTRONG.com and Goshen Health Systems’ Team: Bariatrics Center for Weight Reduction in Goshen, Indiana. She presents nutrition and fitness seminars on behalf of HealthSource Solutions for corporations in the Twin Cities area and leads boot camps and workout classes on a weekly basis for the Eden Prairie Community Center. Jennifer also privately coaches individuals looking to improve their individual health and wellness through her business, Wellness by Jennifer
. She completed her undergraduate studies at Iowa State University, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude
with a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and is currently pursuing her Masters of Public Health through Des Moines University. She will earn her Registered Dietitian credential in the spring of 2012. She is a member of the American Dietetic Association and a Spinning and group exercise certified instructor with the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America.
. - I grew up in Brule, WI. I graduated from the University of Wisconsin Superior with my BA in Exercise Science and a Coaching minor and am Spinning certified. After completing my undergrad degree I moved to Southern Illinois where I found a job at Southern IL University Edwardsville as their Exercise Specialist and taught undergraduate classes for the department of Kinesiology. I’ve been teaching spinning/cycling for several years and really enjoy it. I also enjoy running and spending time outside with my dogs.
– I have been participating in group fitness classes for many years. But it wasn’t until 2008 that I took my first indoor cycle class. All it took was one class and I was HOOKED. Hooked on the intensity, the energy and the feeling of strength it gave me. So much so, that I decided to take the plunge to become an instructor. I have been teaching group fitness classes ever since. With indoor cycling classes being my all time favorite! The energy that can be found in an indoor cycle class is amazing! As an instructor I love being able to pass that energy, intensity and feeling of strength on to others. We are all stronger than we think! I am certified through Mad Dogg Athletics/SPINNING and the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America.
– Born and raised outside of Chicago and a graduate of Iowa State University, I am a recent addition to the state of Minnesota. After years of competitive volleyball and various other sports, I found myself a new grad with limited time and a need for high-intensity, efficient work outs. Enter: indoor cycling! While my career in graphic design and advertising doesn’t exactly translate to cycling, I quickly developed a passion for the sport and became a certified Mad Dogg SPINNING instructor shortly after. I love that indoor cycling can be used for all fitness levels and combines one of my other favorite things, music. You can always count on me to bring a variety of songs and artists to class. I look forward to bringing enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humor as well, all with the goal of getting you a great work out and an hour-long retreat from the real world.
Katie Schmidt –
Born and raised in Wadena, MN, I have been a competitive athlete my entire life. I graduated from Moorhead State University with a B.S. in Mass Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations and Advertising. I have a passion for fitness and love teaching large and small group fitness classes. I incorporate interval cardio and strength training components in my classes to give you the biggest bang for your buck. I believe that cross training is the best way to see results and stay injury free. I am an ANSI Accredited CrossFit Level 1 Trainer and NCCA Certified NETA Group Exercise Instructor. It’s time to quit settling for good enough or waiting until next week to get started. Today’s the day to start living your life….I want to help you in your quest!
Amy MacGowan –
I have enjoyed teaching group fitness classes for 21 years (wow!) It started with ‘aerobics’ back in the day, progressed to step, strength and interval training, the Slide (anybody remember that?) and then Spinning came to the Flagship Athletic Club in 1996. Spinning changed my life in many ways. I loved training and teaching Spinning, but more than that, I learned to love riding outdoors.
I now ride the road as often as possible and prefer to ride tandem with my husband, John, who also teaches cycle classes throughout the metro area. We ride the MS 150 every June with a great team of dedicated outdoor riders.
I currently teach cycling, strength and Pilates mat classes, which are a great compliment to cycling. You might find me still subbing an interval or step class every once in awhile.
John and I have two daughters, Abby- a senior at Winona State University and Carly-a freshman at North Dakota State University. Now that both kids are away at college, I have returned to full time work in Business Development for Our Temps Work, a temporary staffing agency in Northeast Minneapolis.
Hmmm….hobbies would definitely include travel, reading, make-up artistry (a former job) and spending time with friends and family.
CycleQuest is a great studio and I am glad to be part of the team here. I look forward to meeting you and riding together on Fridays at 11:30.
Chris Cronick -
Ever since taking her first class 2 1/2 years ago, Chris has been hooked on indoor cycling. She’s now a NETA certified instructor as well as on her way to be ACE certified in personal training. She has a B.A. from the University of Minnesota and worked in promotions after graduating. Since that time, life threw a few twists & turns and she’s had a shift in focus due to some health challenges. Good news is– it triggered a new found passion for health & fitness.She has 3 autoimmune diseases and has had 6 total joint replacements along with recent open heart surgery. Through it all, she’s found indoor cycling to be a super fun yet challenging workout. “Nothing beats some funky music coupled with a motivating group dynamic,” says Chris. “You can really personalize it to be a tough workout and yet it’s not too jarring on your body.”She’s now a motivational speaker & fitness coach inspiring others to reach their personal best. She and her husband, Patrick, have been married for 13 years and are the proud parents to an 11 year old rescue pit bull named Penny Poo.Come prepared to hoop & holler your loudest as you rock out to some 80′s rock & pop hits, old school party favorites and some of the latest bass-heavy beats from today. Whether you’re a beginner or avid cyclist, she hopes to power you through your goals one pedal stroke at a time!
Heather Burke –
Heather has been a group fitness instructor for over 10 years. Her background includes teaching everything from Hip Hop Cardio to Cycling. She is very musically driven and believes that in order to enjoy fitness and working out you have to love what you are doing. She has found a passion for cycling because she can bring a great energy to the room through her dance background with really fun and inspiring music. Heather is a mom of 2 small children and most recently opened up a nutrition club right next door to Cycle Quest called Safire Nutrition. Having nutrition and fitness all in the same building for Heather was a great opportunity. Helping people stay fit, happy and healthy is what drives Heather to loving everyday of life. She is so excited to be joining cycle Quest and continuing her cycling career.