Joe Ducosin – I have been an outdoor cyclist for over 25 years, some Cat4 road racing, many century rides but my favorite is fast pacelining on a back country road with my riding buddies. Got hooked on indoor cycling after my very first class and have taking/instructing at least 4 classes a week since then and haven’t looked back. I am a SPINNING and NETA Group Fitness certified instructor and my passion for indoor cycling led me to open CycleQuest Studio to allow participants of all levels of fitness enjoy this fun and healthy activity. I also enjoy competitive volleyball, basketball, soccer, and before indoor cycling, my other passion – bass fishing. My classes are simulated road rides to fun multi genre music – R&B, classic rock, funk, hip hop and reggae. Whether you are new to indoor cycling or experienced; don’t ride outdoors or a competitive athlete, I’ll make sure you get your own fun, calorie burning workout!
Lydia N - I have been cycling both indoor and outdoor for 5 plus years. I used to take a lot of cycling classes in college and absolutely loved them. The energy, group setting, and the intensity of the class always guarantees a great workout no matter how you are feeling. I do most of my riding outdoors in the summer but love indoor spinning for a great controlled style exercise. I love doing triathlons, about 10 a summer which I started three years ago. Before triathlons I did marathons and running has really helped me with cycling. I also enjoy basketball, hiking, cross country skiing and really anything outdoors. My class is a mix of simulated road rides along with intervals and pyramid style workouts. Music: Anything and everything.
– I have been cycling since 2008 and I am excited to get others interested in indoor cycling as well. I’ve been running full and half marathons, in addition to a variety of other races, since 2004 and I discovered indoor cycling as a fun, low-impact alternative to pounding pavement. My objective in each Spin class is to create an inclusive environment that will motivate and safely stretch cyclists of all skill levels to meet and exceed their individual goals. When I’m not in the CycleQuest Studio, I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, playing a variety of outdoor sports, and traveling throughout Latin America. I invite you join me for an upbeat, positive workout that will kick-start your morning or kick-out the stress from your day.
- My passion for fitness started with just a few short runs over lunch with some co-workers. Years later I found myself running ½ marathons and even a full marathon. Not wanting to neglect my bike, I jumped into the world of duathlons so I could combine my enthusiasm for both running and biking. For the past 5 years I have included indoor spinning in my workout mix. I hope to have the opportunity to share with you my enthusiasm for fitness and to help you along the way of your own fitness journey! “The satisfaction from a great workout is like polishing off a bag of peanut M&Ms (without the guilt!). Fitness should be fun! See ya in class…”
Tim W –
Game on! I believe that whatever you want, whatever you need, every cycle class is an opportunity for you to make your day. Invest an hour in cycle class and take the personal achievement, calorie burn, metabolism charge and strength-building benefit with you. Make every class count. I promise to give 150%, what will you do? I am an avid triathlete, mountain biker, skate skier, recovering steep-n-deep mogul bashing adrenaline junkie that has been spinning for 15 years. Like the rest of you, I have a busy schedule with training, work and home. I ride recreationally and competitively, recently completing a Tour de France pre-ride tour in 2009, and a Sea-to-Sea ride across Italy in 2010. So, Cycle classes are not only fun, but part of my triathlon and competitive cycling training. As a Madd Dogg Johnny G certified SPINNING Instructor, I choose music that drives energy with variety from 80’s Rock to Beethoven’s 5th. Sign up for a class, and let the beat find your inner pulse. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cyclist, looking for an intro class, endurance training, or an extreme turn-to-burn workout, I will help you accomplish your goals. Maximize your Life. Feel better, Feel stronger. Spin to Win!
Marlee M - I have been indoor cycling for many years and enjoy the personal challenge it provides. My outdoor cycling usually involves a leisurely trip for ice cream, coffee or groceries. I have a degree in phyical eduction from the University of MN. Currently, I am a full-time early childhood special needs preschool teacher at St. David’s Center for Child Development in Minnetonka as well as being their summer sports camp coordinator. I am in the process of being certified as a children’s yoga instructor! I have run 38 marathons and have coached and trained hundreds marathon runners for the past 15 years with Northwest Athletic Clubs, Lifetime Fitness and currently TC Running (in the same mall as Cycle Quest). Being a marathon runner and coach I recommend cycling as a way to build endurance without pounding the pavement, build leg and core strength, and most importantly to strengthen all the supporting muscles in and around the knee as a means of injury prevention.
Natalie Depenning – Natalie D – I’m a certified Mad Dogg Spinning instructor that picked up indoor cycling over 5 years ago as a way to cross train while I was training for marathons. I have since expanded my cycling to the outdoors which is such a great way to explore the city. I love sharing my knowledge and experience around health and fitness with others to understand what really motivates them! I also enjoy finding healthy and “clean” ways to make baked goods and snacks (so don’t be surprised if those treats show up in some of my classes!). I have a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems and currently work as a Project Manager. I strive to bring variety and entertainment to each of my classes so always expect the unexpected!
- I have been active outdoors, playing sports, and working out my entire life. I started running long distances in 2004 and have run several races including the Twin Cities Marathon. I started spinning in 2006 as a way to mix up my workout routine and have been spinning ever since! I have a work hard, play hard attitude and this comes through in my classes where I will provide a challenging workout with exciting music and a smile on my face.
. – Samantha Hackbart, M.S. Ed. has a fitness career that spans over 10 years with experience in group fitness training and management in the community and collegiate setting. As an ACSM-HFI, ACE Group Fitness Instructor & Personal Trainer, Spinning instructor, published research in the International Journal of Exercise Science, she brings a great deal of knowledge, creativity, and energy to classes. She is also a marathon running and enjoys spending time outside with her two dogs.
– I have been participating in group fitness classes for many years. But it wasn’t until 2008 that I took my first indoor cycle class. All it took was one class and I was HOOKED. Hooked on the intensity, the energy and the feeling of strength it gave me. So much so, that I decided to take the plunge to become an instructor. I have been teaching group fitness classes ever since. With indoor cycling classes being my all time favorite! The energy that can be found in an indoor cycle class is amazing! As an instructor I love being able to pass that energy, intensity and feeling of strength on to others. We are all stronger than we think! I am certified through Mad Dogg Athletics/SPINNING and the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America.
– Born and raised outside of Chicago and a graduate of Iowa State University, I am a recent addition to the state of Minnesota. After years of competitive volleyball and various other sports, I found myself a new grad with limited time and a need for high-intensity, efficient work outs. Enter: indoor cycling! While my career in graphic design and advertising doesn’t exactly translate to cycling, I quickly developed a passion for the sport and became a certified Mad Dogg SPINNING instructor shortly after. I love that indoor cycling can be used for all fitness levels and combines one of my other favorite things, music. You can always count on me to bring a variety of songs and artists to class. I look forward to bringing enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humor as well, all with the goal of getting you a great work out and an hour-long retreat from the real world.
Katie Schmidt –
Born and raised in Wadena, MN, I have been a competitive athlete my entire life. I graduated from Moorhead State University with a B.S. in Mass Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations and Advertising. I have a passion for fitness and love teaching large and small group fitness classes. I incorporate interval cardio and strength training components in my classes to give you the biggest bang for your buck. I believe that cross training is the best way to see results and stay injury free. I am an ANSI Accredited CrossFit Level 1 Trainer and NCCA Certified NETA Group Exercise Instructor. It’s time to quit settling for good enough or waiting until next week to get started. Today’s the day to start living your life….I want to help you in your quest!
Amy MacGowan –
I have enjoyed teaching group fitness classes for 21 years (wow!) It started with ‘aerobics’ back in the day, progressed to step, strength and interval training, the Slide (anybody remember that?) and then Spinning came to the Flagship Athletic Club in 1996. Spinning changed my life in many ways. I loved training and teaching Spinning, but more than that, I learned to love riding outdoors.
I now ride the road as often as possible and prefer to ride tandem with my husband, John, who also teaches cycle classes throughout the metro area. We ride the MS 150 every June with a great team of dedicated outdoor riders.
I currently teach cycling, strength and Pilates mat classes, which are a great compliment to cycling. You might find me still subbing an interval or step class every once in awhile.
John and I have two daughters, Abby- a senior at Winona State University and Carly-a freshman at North Dakota State University. Now that both kids are away at college, I have returned to full time work in Business Development for Our Temps Work, a temporary staffing agency in Northeast Minneapolis.
Hmmm….hobbies would definitely include travel, reading, make-up artistry (a former job) and spending time with friends and family.
CycleQuest is a great studio and I am glad to be part of the team here. I look forward to meeting you and riding together on Fridays at 11:30.