Often it can take a week or more to get your bike serviced at the local bike shop. You rarely get to talk personally to the mechanic that does the maintenance and good luck in having them show and explain to you beforehand the exact repairs that need to be done.
Mobile Bike Repair
The ultimate convenience is not having the hassle of loading your bike(s) into your vehicle and taking it to the bike shop to get service done and being without your bike for an extended period of time. I will make a house call bringing a bike stand and tools to your home when it best fits your schedule. Have all the bikes in your household repaired at the same time for the same hourly fee.
Mobile “house call” basic bike maintenance
- Tire repair
- Brake and shifting adjustments
- Basic tune-up
- Lube and cleaning
- Handlebar tape
- Wheel true
- New bike unbox and setup
In-depth repairs and service
- Bottom bracket maintenance
- Wheel hub maintenance
- Complete bike and component overhaul
- Component upgrade or replacement
- Comfort and efficiency is key to your own personal correct position on your bike.
- Saddle, handlebar, brakes levers, stem, shoes cleat and pedals all need to be considered.
- I’ve setup thousands of customers on indoor cycling bikes over the years and will make sure your bike is setup properly for you.
- Did you get a great deal on a bike you purchased off of the interne?.
- Don’t of the tools or experience safely putting together your new bike or your kids new bike?
- I’ll come to your house and assembly your new bike in a timely manner and make sure it is adjusted to properly you for comfort and efficiency.
- Friendly – hang around and chat with me as I fix your bike and show you how to fix it yourself if you’re interested.
- Trustworthy – you won’t be charged for unneeded services or parts.
- Quality service – your bike will be treated like it’s my own.
- Affordable pricing – for the personal touch and house call, certainly cheaper than the local bike shops.
- Most repairs are completed same day or at most in 1-3 days, so your bike will be ready to ride when you are ready.
- No space for a house call? I will pick up your bike at your house and bring it back when it’s fixed ($15 travel charge each way).
- Emergency repairs can often be done “on the spot” while you wait.
- You can get to know your mechanic, and get tips on taking care of your bike.
- Get an honest estimate of the cost of repairs, no matter what condition your bike is in.
- Pricing is comparable or less expensive than retail bike shop rates.
Schedule an appointment – contact Joe Ducosin at email@example.com
“I was needing repair on my bike and wasn’t really wanting to take my bike to a shop for repair, so I really liked the idea of having Joe work on it. I knew that he had done this before for customers, family and friends and was sure he could figure it out. He was fast, efficient, and explained what the problem was and what he did to repair it. Excellent work in a timely manner! Thanks Joe!” ~ Diane E.
“Joe initially came to our house to fix my husband’s bike but while there we decided my bike could also use a tune up. The convenience of having Joe at our home saved us the hassle of delivering both bikes to the shop. He had all the necessary parts and his prices were far more reasonable than other repair shops we have used.” ~ Tracy S.
$15 travel fee for all mobile house call bike repairs
|Hourly labor rate:||$60|
|Minimum service charge**||$40|
|Install a tube/tire||$15 (tube/tire extra)|
|Adjust external gear shifting, front or back, simple||$15|
|Adjust internal gear shifting, 3 speed||$10|
|Adjust (straighten) bent derailleur hanger||$15|
|Adjust rim brakes, front or back||$10|
|Adjust mechanical disc brake*||$10|
|Adjust warped brake rotor*||$10|
|Adjust bottom bracket||$10|
|Adjust front hub||$10|
|Adjust rear hub||$12|
|Replace derailleur cable, conserving old housing*||$10 (plus cable)|
|Install derailleur cable and housing*||$10 (plus materials)|
|Replace brake cable, conserving old housing||$10 (standard brake levers)|
|Install brake cable and housing||$10|
|Replace/install rim-brake pads||$2 plus parts with brake adjustment|
|Install bottom bracket||Ask|
|Install new brake, lever, housing & cable||$20|
|Install new rear derailleur||$18 ($12 w/chain replace)|
|Install new front derailleur||$18 ($12 w/chain replace)|
|Install new derailleur/shifter component||$18|
|Install new crank||Ask|
|Install new seat||$5|
|Clean bike frame, etc.||$20|
|Clean drive train (on bike)||$15|
|Clean drive train (remove)||$25|
|Overhaul front hub||$15|
|Overhaul rear hub||$20|
|True wheel (laterally)||$13|
|Measure something & advise||Ask|
*May be subject to Pain-In-The-Butt surcharge.
**I’ll waive the minimum service charge if the cost of the service and any parts you buy from me exceed $10. Example: If I fix your flat with my tube, the tube and labor cost $16. If you provide the tube and I do the labor, the $10 minimum service charge applies.
Pricing subject to change
Base Tune-up: $60
Bikes need a little TLC every now and then. I will clean your frame and components, de-grease your chain and re-lubricate it, then adjust the front and rear shifting, the rim brakes, the headset, the hubs and the bottom bracket. The Base Tune-up is a great opportunity to have some other work done too. Get reduced labor charges for installations and additional services when you add them on to a tune-up.
Bike Assembly: $60
Let me build that new bike you bought off the internet and get you on the road as soon as possible. Includes bike fitting.
Single-speed Base Tune-up: $40
Most places charge pretty much the same price for a tune-up, regardless of the components on your bike. If you’ve got a single-speed bike with a cruiser brake, there’s just not as much work to do. So I’ll clean it, lube it, adjust all the bearing assemblies and return it to you happy and healthy. I’ll give you the same deal on most 3-speed internal-shifting cruisers. Covers a big swath of kids bikes too.
The Works Tune-up: $120
If you’re a rider who gets the most out of your investment in a quality bike, you’ll need one of these periodically. I’ll pick up your bike, perform tune at my shop and then return it when completed. The Works Tune-up includes Basic tune up plus:
- Complete bike cleaning
- Repack your headset
- Overhaul front and rear hubs
- Solvent wash the chain or replace your chain at no labor charge
- Overhaul your bottom bracket if it’s a serviceable bearing assembly
- Replace brake and derailleur cables and housing
- No labor charge for installing new tires
- No labor charge for installing a new cassette (optional)
- Free bar tape installation if you buy the bar tape from us
- No labor charge for rim-brake pads installation (optional)
“I have come across many bikes that the bike shop said needed hundreds of dollars of repairs and I was able to fix it quickly and without having to replace components. I have years of experience performing bike tune-ups/repairs and will provide the same quality customer service as you receive taking classes at the studio. Fixing bikes… fixing anything is fun and very satisfying to me. I love the challenge of repairing something broken and tuning it to the specifications like when it was new” ~ Joe
Schedule an appointment – contact Joe Ducosin at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE “TEACH-ME” TUNE-UP: $100 PLUS PARTS
Rather than just doing it for you, schedule two hours and I’ll give you hands-on instruction in tuning up and repairing your own bike. At the end of the process you’ll have applied the techniques required to maintain and adjust your bike and your ride will be running smoothly.